Tunes: Again, more old American rock/pop in the lounge.
Last night was great. After looking for a place, I took a little nap, then went for a jog through the park. I didn't know how far I was running, but I counted the number of bridges I ran under: 8. If you check a map, I ran from Pont de Real to Puente de as Glorias Valencianas. Beautiful park with lots of people running. It was dark outside, but the well-lit path, large trees, and many reflective bodies made everything quite magical. Brisk night. I stumbled upon the Campo de Rugby, and saw about 50 guys getting into it. Talked to one, and I might come by to practice with them.
So, we (the people at the hostel) got smart last night and cooked together. In total, it was about 1euro/person for pasta with vegetables, chicken, red sauce, bread, and drinks. We were up until 3:30 hanging in the lounge talking up a storm. I met Luis, a Mexican engineering student, and we hit it off. He was really excited to talk to me, because I speak "mexican." I was basically his translator from English/Spain Spanish to his spanish. Sooo fun.
Later, I had about a 1 1/2 hour discussion with the front desk man and two Italian girls. It was pretty bizarre, because we could communicate pretty well, even though the girls only spoke very little spanish. That really fed my soul, because we talked about religion, Jesus, relativism, and a bunch of cultural stuff. Right before we headed for bed, the three (awesome/friendly/funny) Turkish guys joined in on the convo.
Hopefully, I'll find a place today. Tonight is my last night here @ Purple Nest, unless if I dish out some more money. Let's pray that I get a place.
Later,
Josh
Skål
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment