Tunes: O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack
Just about to go to bed. I'm hobbling around because my feat are like ground beef. Had capoeira today, and it was a fantastic class. Only thing is, I'm missing a good amount of skin from my feet now. We did work, that's for sure. Things are starting to click.
Our teacher is from Brazil, and has the most unintelligible Spanish I've ever heard. I could swear he doesn't even speak Spanish, and that he speaks to us in Portuguese. Anyway, he's a beast of a man. He's going to be a great grandfather one day, but I don't think he ages. He just gets more mighty. He calls me "barba," which is beard in Spanish.
Our class has been bonding quite a lot over these past months. We're planning on doing a BBQ on the beach before the semester's up, and I hope it happens. There's something about the bond formed with people you've sweated pounds with... and then there's something else about the bond formed with people you've FIGHT-DANCED with.
It's too late to be writing. I have class at 8am. I'll try to give you something good soon.
Skål
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment