Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Teeth marks left by biting watches

Tunes: The Black Keys

I had a great day today. My alarm was DeYarmond Edison, and I had enough time to sit around in the quiet of the morning before I made my way to class. Literature was the most engaging yet: we just read The Snows of Kilimanjaro, and we talked in depth about the existential core of the story. The whole class seemed to be on the edge of their seats, and the discussion went on well after class let out. We were tearing into the idea of the circular plot and the dreamed, yet unattained salvation. Oh, existentialism.

A good friend gave me her thesis to read, and I was captured by it for the rest of the day, reading it in my translation class and whenever I had a chance. Remember how I was talking about anxiety? Well, I went to the doc's today to get a heart monitor for 24-hrs. Gotta make sure my ticker's working properly. After that, I went with my fellow UT friend Becky to the City of Arts and Sciences to walk around and take pictures. I have to say, I think today had the best weather of Valencia I've experienced yet.

After a couple of hours, we walked back, stopped for my first-ever cup of mouth-watering horchata, and parted ways. I dropped into my faculty to say hey to some friends, then headed to the Viveros, which is a large park at the edge of my campus. I'm so glad I got to spend most this amazing day at such a tranquil place. I continued my reading and day-dreaming by a large bird cage, listening to their songs while reading about Julio and Lila. After a few hours (time was irrelevant), I wandered around the largest rose garden I've seen. They just fully bloomed last week, and I'm glad I had my camera.

I'm going to a friend's place now to eat dinner and watch a movie.

Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment