Thursday, January 28, 2010

Walking and walking

I just realized my blogs were posting with a US time stamp, so add 7 hours to whatever time you see, and that's when I posted it. It's fixed now, so here marks the change.

Tunes:Go to Sleep (Little Man Being Erased

I'm pretty exhausted. Last night, I braved the Spain night life for the first time. There was a welcome party for the Erasmus students, and it was PACKED. Didn't bring my camera, because I wanted to have it for the rest of my trip. It was fun hanging with the hostel people, but I think I'd prefer going out with locals: this crowd was a bit rowdy.

Didn't get to take a siesta today because I planned to meet someone for a room in their apartment, and they didn't show. So I walked around a bunch, had an amazing lunch, bought dinner groceries, then came back to Purple Nest. Speaking of lunch, I had my first encounter with PAELLA Valenciana. It was soooo good. I got it from the same little café as yesterday (I'll post a picture sometime soon)

I'm gonna have to take a short nap. Run, another apartment at 9pm, dinner, then some huge gathering (2000+) at a the park tonight.

Cansado, pero con una cama y KOL,

Josh

PS, I'm going to put this in a song someday:
" Lift up your heads, O gates!
And be lifted up, O ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?
The Lord, strong and mighty,
the Lord, mighty in battle!
Lift up your heads, O gates!
And lift them up, O ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?
The Lord of hosts,
he is the King of glory!" Ps 24:7-10

2 comments:

  1. Where are the photos? I want to see some Spanish girls.... Hope all is well and you are laying up a stock of good fresh air....be a Spaniard in Spain.

    Adiós.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I haven't taken pictures of people yet. Don't want to scare them away. You're right about the fresh air--with all of the parks, you can really breathe.

    ReplyDelete