Friday, March 5, 2010

Too many status updates

Tunes: Billie Holiday

There have been too many small things that I've wanted to tell you about, but I was blocked by wanting to write a whole lot and not having the time. I'll settle this matter by giving brief descriptions, in my favorite format (bullets), and leaving most up to your imagination.

-There are 4 old men, all of whom could be someone's high school principal, in my philosophy class. I've been sitting closer and closer to them each day, and now they talk to me a bit. Or rather, they talk about me, and talk about my oddities. I walked into class without a jacket, and one pinched my skin, said something about me not being cold, then made a comment about me using my computer, and they had a little discussion. They spoke in valenciano, so I didn't understand all of it. They all smoke small cigars in the streets.

-I love drinking oranges. Josep's dad sent me home with a huge bag of oranges for juice, and I'm drinking the equivalent to XXXXtra pulp, if that exists.

-I just booked a ticket to Cagliari, Italy for the week of Easter. 46 euros via plane, and I'm going to couch surf. ^_^

-I'm about to walk to the port, and take advantage of the rain. There's a small bar with big windows, and I'm going to get a coffee and read.

-Today, I received a package from my family full of easter candy, 2 SKIPPY JARS, some photos, ink refills for the best pen in the world, my led moo-ing cow, much needed vitamins, a garlic press?, some gum, and a SICK neck warmer made by Shannon. I LOVE YOU GUYS. All of the candy (except the bunny) is gone.

-While waiting to pick up my package at the post office, a leashed dog came up to me and an older lady sitting next to me. The owner apologized, but the lady and I said it's fine and began to pet him. After the man left, a few surrounding people and I had a conversation about how much we love animals.

-I've had a smile most of the day.

-I had the first real language difficulty today, when trying to print something out at school. I swear, this guy had cotton balls in his mouth.

-Billie Holiday is good

-RIP William

-Working on some translation stuff for my class... really difficult, but it's going to help a lot.

-Looks like I'm going to start teaching Flor's little brother some English! That'll be fun. He's a rowdy kid, and I need some of that non-stop energy around me from time to time.

Bye

1 comment:

  1. Billie Holiday is pretty awesome, you would like Ella Fitzgerald too. I had an extra garlic press because my roomie gave me a pampered chef one for Christmas. you can leave it in Spain if you want. Shel, Jenn and I woke up a while ago and had breakfast. We are gonna do some errands then head over to the rec for Pumpfest :D

    ReplyDelete