Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I am in Spain

...and I feel free. I've been experimenting more with cooking, I've been seeking God about the wide open future I have ahead of me, I've been writing tunes on my rooftop, I've been going to capoeira classes, I did some bouldering today, I've been searching for new music, I'm going to Sardinia on Saturday...

Today was a pretty legit day. My touch screen phone doesn't touch, so I set my alarm on my computer. That way, I woke up to rockin music, and there was no way to snooze, so I was up 30 minutes earlier than normal. The early morning is usually my favorite time of the day. I don't know why I fight to avoid it so often. I made coffee and a toasted pbj, and ate at our small side table in the kitchen. Quite morning. Nothing moving too quickly. Tranquilo.

I had class from 9-10, then sat in a windowsill and got lost in a train of writing, then had class from 11-12, and went home. One episode of Lost (yeah, I got hooked), then to the roof to read and water Leon. Too windy up there, but besides my pages turning incessantly, it was great. About 74 degrees with a strong sun, and a wall that provided a refuge of shade when I needed it.

Did a bit of a workout, dropped by the chino store to get some medical tape, then went to our American exchange student Bible study. We're going through Acts, and it's awesome to see all of these students in such a life-changing season. I love diving into the truth with them.

Oh yeah, so I needed the medical tape for the huge blood blister on my big toe... thanks to my capoeira class last week. Had another one after the Bible study, and it was really fun. New instructor, met some people from before, and got a great/fun workout in. I need that stretch.

After the class, I hopped on over to the open air bouldering walls that are in the middle of the UPV campus. Anyone can climb, and it actually has potential. Too bad I left my gear at home... I met my friend Edgar there, and we climbed a bit there. Tape works for the toes, but it doesn't help with my heel hooks. That has to change.

Rush home, Mercadona for helado de chocolate y fresa, shower, then off to dinner at my friend Rita's place with my roommate Bea. Rita had a bunch of the people from Portland Ale House over, and it was a great time. Good wine, lots of tapas, a great pasta, and plenty of ice cream. I'm stuffed.

It's 1:52 AM, shouldn't you be in bed? Oh, I guess that's just my time.

Love, peace, chicken grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment