Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"No soy de Alemania"

Tunes: Brandi Carlile

Today's events:
1) Good breakfast
2) Given a ton of papers to correct
3) Bought Tickets for the game against Germany on Thursday
4) Mascletá
5) Lunch
5) Back to school to read
6) Class
7) TBD

Un cuento: Okay, so I went to the stadium to buy fútbol tickets with my german friend Maria. We needed to buy 12 tickets, for us and our friends. The game is Valencia CF against Werder Bremen (Germany). Apparently, they won't sell tickets to Germans until Thursday, because they want them in a specific section. They don't want fights breaking out between fans mixed together.

So Maria and I are both blonde-haired and blue-eyed. She is from Germany, but she is officially here for school. I'm from Texas, but I look like a German. We both walked up to the booth, and tried to buy tickets. They guy wouldn't sell them to us because he said we have to wait until Thursday (with all the other Germans). After many attempts to tell him that we're students here, he just laughed at us. He was convinced we were from Germany (well, Maria was, but she doesn't like Werder Bremen).

I insisted I was american, and told him I was from Texas. He still didn't believe me. Finally, I pulled out my Texas driver's license, and pressed it up against the window. "I'm from Texas."

Immediately, he stopped laughing and consented. My ribs almost exploded from laughter. I can't believe that worked. I felt like I had two six-shooters, and pulled my coat back to reveal them. That feeling was enhanced by the fact that I was wearing my belt buckle made by my Uncle Frank. (Big, gold, cowboy, crosses, and spurs)

After apologizing, the man in the window told me he'd been to Dallas before, and said that I look like Dirk Nowitzki. Never head that before, but I'd like to think I'm slightly more attractive than him.

We have tickets! Definitely need to buy a Valencia CF scarf so others don't think that Dirk is going to get angry and start a riot in the Valencia section.

Good times

1 comment:

  1. hhahaha this is hilarious. im laughing. im at spiderhouse. alone. in a dark corner.
    yes, you are much better looking than dirk. sorry dirk, but you look like a friggin ogre. also, sorry josh, that the man thought you looked like an ogre. maybe you should grow a moustache and dye it brown or something...maybe even a unibrow. youre in a foregin land, you can do whatever you want... (hair-growing-wise)

    ReplyDelete