About to head into my philosophy class. Just wanted to throw down two notes I wanted to share
-Yesterday, in my US lit class, our teacher was trying to explain how humans need love, physical contact, and words of affirmation and such as an essential part of child development. We're reading The Bluest Eye (a very tragic story of an unfortunate girl who has no love). Our teacher made us hold hands with our neighbor, look into their eyes, and say (loudly) "Qué guapo/a eres, ¡coño!" It was hilarious. She encouraged hugs, kisses, but made sure no clothing came off (hah). Our teacher is a riot. Every day, she has something shocking to say/do.
-Okay, so there's a lady who works at my faculty's cafetería, who's gotten used to me ordering a café americano every time I come. Now, before I can even get up to the register, she yells ¡Americano! This morning, she yelled it as soon as I walked into the door. By chance, she was working in the psychology faculty's cafetería a few hours later. So, of course, I was thrown for a surprise when I was in a different building, and the same lady was yelling americano at me. I think it's hilarious. I really enjoy the many random ways I connect with people. I hope that relationship will grow past one word.
My eyes are heavy. I couldn't go to bed, because I was sucked into watching The Usual Suspects. I just saw it about a month ago, but Kevin Spacey wouldn't let me go to sleep. Oh well, great film.
Skål
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment