Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jackpot & People

Tunes: The Decemberists' album Picaresque

I went on a long walk today, and wound up in a big shopping mall. I didn't bring much clothing, because I wanted to only have one suitcase. SO, I wandered and wandered until I found some spamtastic deals. T-shirts. Nice ones. 1.99 euros each. That's $3/per t-shirt. Gift from God? I submit, yes.

I'm really enjoying my walks. If I wanted, I could take a different street every time I go out. Always different people, different styles, different buildings, and different parks. I'm finding beauty in may different ways here. One of my favorite things has been seeing the old man friends walking slowly together and talking up a slurred storm. I think I saw 3 such pairs today. They move at their own pace, and stand to me as candy for my soul. I think I might start taking pictures of them.

Some other things that have been noteworthy are the big, old doors, a younger man tossing the ball for his two dogs, a park playground that was overflowing with people, another park that had so many pigeons that you couldn't hear the outside world, and the sandwich I made for lunch. I challenge you, reader: This week, walk with your eyes up, and heart open. Wander too much, and don't pay attention to your gait. See what happens. See what your Father will show you.

It's 1:09AM here. Early night. Tomorrow, I plan to get some sort of course schedule banged out. Vamos a ver.

1 comment:

  1. haha candy for the soul. i like that.
    i will commence to long walks. we did them a lot in norway and i miss them. so heres to going outside without any agenda. just to walk around

    ReplyDelete