Tunes: John Mayer Trio & Gnarls Barkley
Just wanted to drop a few quirky shorts I had scribbled down. Friday, when I was in the school's café, the ladies who worked there sang happy birthday to one of the workers. Afterwards, they took birthday shots. School café.
I keep seeing all of these old dogs around. Even if this dog walks as if he has four wooden legs, people walk them all over town.
I talked to this Spanish student after my translation class on Friday. He's quite a character. No matter how much I tried, he wouldn't talk to me in Spanish. He wanted to get as much English practice as he could have. I look forward to future conversations with him. He always has a big smile on, and talks and talks and talks.
I've noticed something here. So, you know when you walk into a public bathroom, and someone really brought some destruction? Well, the few times I've caught wind of it, it smells completely different. It smells almost like sulfur. I don't know--just some immature side note.
I went to a bar called Portland Ale House with a friend from church today. American place with a ton of English speakers. The owner came here with the dream to provide Valencia with damn good beer (most of what I've found is only half decent). After 4 years of paperwork, he will be coming out with 3 of his microbrews in a few weeks. Every Wednesday, there's a cultural exchange where Spanish people come to talk to native English speakers. If you're a native, you get a coupon for 4 free beers. It looks as if I've found my little corner.
That's about it for today. Nothing profound, just a a few moleskine notes.
It's officially Valentines day over here! My love goes out to you,
T
Skål
15 years ago

I think you now have me jealous. If that place has some good beers then I think you might have to bring me back some. Miss you bro.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I was thinking about you and my brother last night when I was there, because you both LOVE beer. If he actually bottles some, instead of just doing kegs for the bar, I'll definitely try to smuggle some back.
ReplyDeleteMiss you too.
You're cracking me up. Keep the posts churnin'
ReplyDelete-Megan