Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tengo tos

A bit under the weather, so I've been resting most of the day. The day stretched on, as I was without sun but with tissues. However, this day has turned out to be one of my favorites, thanks to small adventures, experimental cooking, and great film.

The adventure: I hope I haven't led you to think that there is some sort of magical adventure that I went on. Or maybe that is closer to the truth than I think. Every outing is an experience. I needed some medicine, so I wandered to a few locations where I thought there was a pharmacy. A man taking the same path as I to avoid a family taking all of the sidewalk, a little unleashed dog that ran ahead (only to be scared by very large men walking by), sounds of a private party in a closed pizza shop, and old men sitting around a table, playing poker with coffee beans as chips.

The cooking: I made some elbow pasta, and topped it with a sauce that sounded delicious. Cooked some freshly-diced garlic in olive oil, then added a can of tomato paste. Added pepper, green onions, a bit of ham, and more garlic (can never get enough). With a corner of a baguette, it turned out to be quite a feast.

The film: The Lives of Others. A german film about an official who gets involved with the people he's supposed to be keeping tabs on. I won't say any more than that, because you must watch it. (That means I highly recommend it. Highly.)

Well, back to tissues and John Galt's speech. Great way to enter into dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment