Friday, February 5, 2010

The footsies above

So aside from living at Jester for my freshman year, this is my first time living in a place with people above and below me. It's an interesting thing, being aware of the ruckus of my neighbors. I know that there is at least one child above me, because I occasionally hear a light and quick poom poom, poom poom. And usually, the mother wakes me around 9am with her push-vacuum cleaner. Perhaps it's the novelty of it all, but I rather enjoy the creaks and clamors. I wonder if my neighbors are aware of us in the same manner.

Today, I made two more inches of progress with my course registration. Basically, that means that I'm going to be somewhat okay with missing a few days because some courses have already started. What kind of school system is this?? Oh well. As I was returning home, two Polish girls, Monika and Ola, stopped me because they had no idea what to do for registering. I showed them what I did, and told them about how much I don't know, and we ended up walking to the historical center of town for a bite to eat. They asked if I was from California.

I parted with them to catch up with a bunch of hostel friends & new friends at the beach. Still nippy, but warm enough to wear a tank top. I think I got a good hour of sun, so that should boost my vitamin E levels. It was fun flopping around and attempting to play soccer, and then playing volleyball with a ball that nearly bruised all of us. Mediterranean: until we meet again.

Update on internal journey: "And to love [God] with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbors as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." Mark 12:33 I'm positive that almost everyone is struggling with this concept. It's been sitting in my lap most of my life. He wants my trust, not my works; my broken and contrite heart, not my sacrifices; my faith. It's much more that doing. It's loving, submitting, and trusting that He will meet my needs and satisfy me with his steadfast love.

No comments:

Post a Comment