Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's looking like a beautiful day

Tunes: But, of course

I think there have been rumors going around, so I wanted to clear things up about yesterday. Yes, it’s true: I have new pants. Charcoal, close-fitting, and on discount from 50Euros down to 14.95Euros. I couldn’t resist such discounts. Also, I was immediately taken by the amazing salesmanship of the man working there. I asked him what size I needed, he took a glance at my waist, and responded: 32. Damn. He’s good. He almost talked me into some snazzy blue sneakers, but alas, they didn’t have size 47.

I quite enjoyed going to the store. It’s about a mile away, and I hadn’t gotten any exercise in, so I ran. It was frigid outside, so I wore my smartwool, running shorts, another shirt, and a cap. I believe I looked goofy.

While stepping out of my door, “One Day Like This” by Elbow came on my ipod… perfect.
"So throw those curtains wide!
One day like this a year'd see me right!"
About it being frigid--it was probably about 40º, dark skies, and raining. One might say, that song doesn't seem too fitting.

I think that day was another landmark. I felt free. I raced a cyclist, and leaped over puddles. I dodged people and smiled at prolonged looks. Bravo to our Lord for finding strange ways to display himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment