Tunes: Something that's perfect for an 80's aerobics class.
I think I'm going to greatly miss the pastries here. I'm really surprised at how much I haven't been talking about all the food I've been eating. I'm not sure if I've written about this yet, but there is a pastry called a "Napolitana dulce." It's the same pastry dough as a croissant, but it's shaped like a large hot pocket. It's filled with super creamy chocolate, and topped with honey and chocolate sprinkles.
There's a bakery called El Horno de Los Borachos, literally translated as the oven of the drunks, that is only open from about midnight to about 7am. There are many such places. Well basically, now whenever I'm about to go to bed, I crave a napolitana dulce. My mouth is watering right now. I don't understand why, because just before writing this entry, I licked my fingers from the napolitana that I just finished. Damn. So good.
God is answering my prayers. I've been quite lonely, but I'm making some friends. Today, the very talkative guy in my English class (the one who only talked in English. Josep.) invited me to come sit with him and his friends. We talked from about 3pm to 6pm. I got to practice my spanish, learn some catalán, talk about Walker Texas Ranger/Family Guy/Star Wars/other pop-culture, laugh it up, and bond with some locals. I think this is a group I can kick it with
I was considering traveling to Alicante this weekend, because I had nothing else to do. However, Josep and his friends invited me to their town this weekend to hang and see EL HOMBRE LOBO aka THE MAN WOLF. Hehe. I'm excited to see what this town is like. I'm excited to see what the more rural Spanish life is like.
I'm in my school's café. I like being here. Many people, cheap and delicious coffee, cheap and different sandwiches (I want to try each one), and a really funktastic radio station. It plays old, poppy American music, that's really catchy. I find myself bobbing my head... The lady sitting behind me has been humming for the past 20 minutes.
I met t Ukrainian lady who works at the café. She's very sweet, and I love listening to her accent. She has a daughter who lives in Chicago (Alyx!). She's visited Valencia before, and said she loves Chicago way more than this town. Well, I guess that means I need to pass through the windy city.
I'm reading and eavesdropping on a conversation between a Spanish girl and an American girl. They're mocking different English accents.
Back to my book(s), then to bike home in the rain,
Josh
Skål
15 years ago

Good day to ya~ checking you out with Freya this beautiful morning...watching Mary Poppins and making WW Strawberry Almond Scones; so while you are chilling in the cafe~ just know we are eating pastries in your honor!! love ya, auntie m
ReplyDelete^_^
ReplyDeleteTell that girl I love her, and will see her someday soon! Those pastries sound so delicous!
Love you too